|7 Effective Home Remedies For Jaundice
7 Effective Home Remedies For Jaundice, Jaundice is a common problem in newborns, which can be debilitating and cause the baby to become irritable. There are various treatments available for jaundice but home remedies are also very effective in treating it. Here are some effective home remedies for jaundice:
- Garlic is a great home remedy for jaundice.
- It has been used since ancient times as a natural blood purifier and it’s still being used today.
- The active ingredient in garlic, allicin (the active ingredient in allicin) is an antibacterial agent which can help reduce the chances of developing jaundice by killing off germs that cause it.
- It also contains Vitamin B6 which helps boost your immune system response to fight off infection causing bacteria like E Coli or Salmonella Typhimurium
Honey is a natural antibiotic and it is very effective in treating jaundice. To treat jaundice, you can take one tablespoon of honey and add it to a glass of lukewarm water. Drink this solution twice daily until your symptoms subside.
Ginger is a natural remedy for jaundice. It helps in improving the liver function, removing toxins from the body and reducing inflammation.
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of grated ginger in hot water and drink it twice daily to get relief from jaundice symptoms.
- You can also consume ginger tea by adding 2 tablespoons of grated ginger powder into boiling water, let it steep for 10 minutes then strain out the juice into a glass cup before drinking it three times a day on an empty stomach with some honey if desired (avoid drinking this tea if you are taking anticoagulants).
Apples are rich in vitamin C and have a high fiber content. They also provide antioxidants that help in the prevention of cancer, heart diseases, diabetes and other conditions. Apples can be used as a mouthwash or gargle to help cleanse your teeth and gums from any stains caused by jaundice.
5. Turmeric Milk
- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric with a glass of milk.
- Drink this mixture twice a day for three days.
- The milk will help in removing the toxins from your body and also give you a soothing effect on your throat, stomach and intestines.
- Turmeric helps reduce pain and inflammation caused by jaundice, which makes it one of the most effective home remedies for jaundice available today.
6. Cumin Seeds
Cumin seeds are a good source of iron and other minerals, which can help in treating jaundice. You can consume the cumin seeds in the form of tea or add them to your food.
Cumin seeds are also good for digestion, since they contain essential oils that increase secretion of digestive juices and prevent constipation.
Carrots are a rich source of vitamin A, which helps in the treatment of jaundice. Carrots also have high antioxidant content that helps to fight free radicals and prevent damage to cells. They are also rich in beta-carotene and lycopene.
Carrot juice contains anti-inflammatory agents that can help in reducing swelling around the throat or eyes caused by jaundice.